QECP Standard Measures
What Are QECP Standard Measures?
The List of QECP Standard Measures provides the standard measures that
qualified entities (QEs) may use to evaluate and report on the performance
of providers under the Medicare Data Sharing for Performance Measurement Program. The file contains claims-based
measures that either only use claims data or combine claims data with other data
sources (i.e., clinical data).
A standard measure under the Qualified Entity program must meet one of the following criteria:
- Is endorsed by the entity with a contract under 1890(a) of the Social Security Act (currently the National Quality Forum [NQF]);
- Is currently used in a CMS program; or
- Is endorsed by a CMS-approved QE Consensus-Based Entity (QE CBE).
Standard measures must follow measure specifications, including all numerator and denominator statements, exclusions, and specified data sources.
To date, the QECP has identified 465 measures.1 Sortable column categories include NQF number (if applicable), measure type,
measure title, measure description, numerator statement, denominator statement, exclusions, data source, and measure steward.
The “measure type” category allows users to sort measures by the following: NQF-endorsed (or time-limited endorsed) measures,
current CMS program measures, and QE CBE-endorsed measures
Where Can My Organization Obtain the Most Up-to-Date CBE-Endorsed Measure Specifications?
Organizations interested in obtaining more detailed and up-to-date measure specifications for QE CBE-endorsed measures should
contact the QE CBE directly. The National Committee for Quality Assurance’s (NCQA) point of contact is Kristen Swift
(firstname.lastname@example.org).(This may involve fees.) Amino’s point of contact is David Viviero
When Is the QECP Standard Measures List Updated?
Because endorsement of these measures is dynamic, the QECP team will update the list of standard measures in January and July of each year.
It is the QE’s responsibility to ensure compliance with the most recent information.
What If Our Organization Would Like to Use an Alternative Measure?
QEs may also propose to use alternative measures. More information about this process is available
1 Exact duplicate measures (37) were removed from the list of measures prior to posting.
There were three types of duplicates:
- Measures that were both NQF-endorsed and used in a CMS program. In this case, the duplicate measures were removed from the “CMS Program Measure" category.
- Measures that were both NQF-endorsed and approved under the QE CBEC program. In this case, the duplicate measures were removed from the "QE CBE-Endorsed" category.
- Measures that were both used in a CMS program and approved under the QE CBEC program. In this case, the duplicate measures were removed from the "QE CBE-Endorsed" category.